If you can't find the answer to your question listed here, just give our insurance agents a call! We're always happy to chat and share our expert insurance insights with anyone who needs them.
Your In-Depth FAQ Guide To Auto Insurance In Westminster, CO
From custom cars to 4x4 vehicles, we've created car insurance policies for a wide range of motor vehicles over the years. Today we're here to share our expert insurance knowledge with you.
1. How Much Auto Insurance Is Required In Colorado?
Across the U.S., every driver is legally required to carry an auto insurance policy. However, each state has different legal requirements for the minimum amounts of liability coverage.
In Colorado, the minimum liability coverage is listed as 25/50/15 (The Zebra). This means you need (at a bare minimum):
- $25,000 in bodily injury coverage per person (The maximum amount your insurer will pay for injuries you cause to a single person in an auto accident).
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per accident (The total amount that may be paid for all injuries that you cause in an accident, in which more than one person is hurt)
- $15,000 in property damage coverage per accident (The maximum amount that your insurer will pay for damage that you cause in an accident)
While the bare minimum can work for some, it is not recommended for most individuals as it does not provide much protection for you or your assets.
2. How Much Auto Insurance Do You Need?
This is a very different question from how much car insurance you are required to have. The right amount of auto insurance will differ from person to person.
Minimum liability insurance may be enough to get you by, but in the event of an accident, that coverage may not be enough to cover all the damages. That means you may be expected to cover any remaining costs out of pocket.
To properly determine how much coverage you need, you should consider things like:
- The type of car you drive
- When and how you drive
- The current value of your assets
- Who you frequently drive with
Generally speaking, the best liability coverage for most drivers is roughly 100/300/100. This breaks down to $100,000 per person, $300,000 per accident in bodily injury liability, and $100,000 per accident in property damage liability. That amount of liability coverage should provide adequate protection if you're held responsible for an accident.
3. Are There Any Policy Add-Ons That You Should Consider?
Yes, there are. Your liability coverage will unfortunately not provide comprehensive protection for every kind of accident. It may be in your best interest to add policy riders like:
- Personal injury protection - This provides coverage for medical expenses, lost wages, and nonmedical costs following an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist protection - This provides coverage for you if the other party is at fault in an accident and doesn't have insurance or is underinsured.
- Rental reimbursement - This provides coverage for at least a portion of the costs of a rental vehicle.
- Comprehensive coverage - This provides protection for non-collision-related damage (e.g., vandalism, theft, hailstorms, etc.).
There are plenty of other policy riders that you may want to consider, so don't forget to weigh these options before purchasing a policy.
4. How Are Insurance Prices Calculated?
To develop an accurate price for your coverage, insurers will need to assess your risk first with a Risk Assessment Indicator. This process will develop a numerical value for how much risk the insurer has for something happening to your house (Insurance Information Institute).
Your Risk Assessment Indicator will take into account various factors, including:
- Your driving record
- Your location
- Your age
- Your gender
- Your credit
- How frequently you drive your car
- The car you drive
- And the type and amount of auto insurance coverage you receive
5. What Can You Do To Lower Your Auto Insurance Costs?
Achieving a lower premium is easier than you might think. If you want to lower your auto insurance in Westminster, CO, stick with these helpful tips:
- Ask for a higher deductible
- Maintain and improve your credit score
- Bundle insurance policies under one provider
- Enroll in a telematics program and practice safe driving
- Trade-in your car for a safe and older vehicle
- Make your ride safer with anti-theft devices/features
Don't forget to ask your insurance agent about any available discounts that you can add to your car insurance in Westminster, CO.
6. How Can You Find The Lowest Auto Insurance Rate For Your Needs?
It's simple: Take the time to compare insurance providers and the quotes you've gathered!
When you put the numbers side-by-side, it will quickly become clear which company can offer you the most affordable coverage. Just make sure you put in the same limits, policy add-ons, and other pieces of information when gathering quotes.
But remember: Pricing isn't everything! Don't forget to take into account things like customer service, convenience, and agency reputation.
7. Where Can You Find Affordable Auto Insurance In Westminster, CO?
At Adler Insurance Group!
We are a small, second-generation family-owned company with an outstanding local reputation and numerous awards. Our experienced insurance agents have spent decades in the insurance industry and we'll go the extra mile to customize every part of your auto policy to your individual needs. With our personalized service Adler, you'll have absolute peace of mind knowing your vehicle is properly protected.
Contact Adler Insurance Group today to get your FREE and accurate quote for auto insurance in Westminster, CO.